Please call us at (570) 374-0181 to learn more about our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program.

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $55,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.

  • Annual income cannot exceed $55,000 (amount subject to change by year)

  • VITA is limited to those filing non-itemized tax returns only

  • VITA volunteers can also assist in preparing Pennsylvania Property Tax or Rent Rebate program forms; eligible persons may receive a rebate of up to $650

  • Union-Snyder CAA VITA is available to residents of Snyder and Union Counties

What to bring to your VITA appointment:

☐ Photo ID

☐ Social Security Card for yourself, your spouse, and your dependents

☐ Birth dates for all dependents

☐ Wage and earnings statements

☐ W-2

☐ 1099, 1095 - A/B/C, 1098s

☐ Interest and dividend

☐ Copy of last year's return (Not sure where it is? See video below for help!)

☐ Your spouse (if filing a joint return)

☐ Any relevant income information

☐ Name of school district

☐ Bank information

How to schedule an appointment:

Customers can start scheduling appointments in mid-January of each year. VITA is available at locations in Selinsgrove and Lewisburg. Please call (570) 374-0181 to schedule your appointment.

FAQ & Tips from the IRS
  • Where do I find my IRS account? Get info on your IRS account or view your tax return information using the Get Transcript tool: http://go.usa.gov/c9kMe

  • What are my payment options? Don’t wait to file your tax return just because you owe money. Avoid additional penalties and interest by filing your tax return now and choosing from the available payment options: http://go.usa.gov/Z6Nw

  • I need a copy of my tax return. How do I get it? You can print a copy from the software you used, contact your preparer for a copy, or use the Get Transcript tool: http://go.usa.gov/c9kMe

  • How do I view my payment history? You can view 18 months of payment history, download your tax records and check your federal tax account balance all online: http://go.usa.gov/xNZ4f

  • How do I make sure my information is safe? Learn what you can do to help make your personal and financial information safer: http://go.usa.gov/cX3zG

  • For more up-to-date information, tips, and more, follow IRS News on Twitter! @IRSNEWs

Need help today? Please call us at (570) 374-0181


Union-Snyder Community Action Agency is a member of the Community Action Partnership, which is the national hub that links the nation’s 1,000+ local Community Action Agencies and State Associations to each other and to leaders looking for solutions that connect families to great opportunity.

© 2018 by Union-Snyder Community Action Agency